VAYU-3GHN-D is 3G/HSPA cape catering to increasing data throughput requirements in M2M sector, specifically for video, voice-over-IP, and high speed realtime logging applications. 3G/HSPA module is based on industry standard Qualcomm QSC6270 chipset.
The 3GH-D cape is a three-band cape based on the ZTE MG3732 module, and is different from the "-A", "-B" and "-C" capes.
- WCDMA 850/1900/2100 band for 3G connectivity (Please check your carrier's support for these bands).
- Quad Band (GSM 850, EGSM 900, DCS 1800, PCS 1900) for 2G connectivity.
- Works with GSM carriers all over the world.
- This 3G module is FCC certified too.
- Maximum HSPA data rate of 3.6Mbps DL/ 384Kbps UL
- Mini USIM card
The cape communicates with Beaglebone over USB, utilising its USB host port. To compensate for this used USB port on Beaglebone, we have provided an USB host port on our cape for connecting user devices. The cape is provided with a mini USB-B to USB-A cable for connectivity.
We provide full software support for VAYU-3GHN-D which includes pre-compiled images of different operating systems( Debian Wheezy, Ubuntu, Angstrom, Android) , Kernel modules with drivers, Device tree overlays and sample wvdial files. Check our product support page.
Some Applications of VAYU-3GHN-D cape can be :
- Access your BeagleBone SBC from anywhere on the world.
- Video Surveillance and home automation from your mobile phone.
- Environmental monitoring with central server to collect data.
- Send local sensor network data (Zigbee, LE Bluetooth, other capes based) onto cloud using secure wireless gateway.
Please read our AN100 Beaglebone M2M Cape Application note for further details.
Accessories like GSM antenna and SMA cables to be used with the cape are also available with us. They are sold separately.
|SIM Card||1.8V/3V 6 pin Mini USIM|
|LEDs||Power LED for Modem , Netlight/signal LED|
|Control Interfaces||Power on_off and Hard reset for modem over GPIOs and push button switches|
|Antenna||SMA Connector for GSM antenna|
|Cape ID||Dedicated onboard EEPROM with 2pos Dip switch|
|Device Type||3G module|
|Frequency Band||WCDMA 850/2100 GSM850/EGSM 900/DCS1800/PCS1900|
|Data Rate (DL / UL)||3.6Mbps DL/ 384Kbps UL|
|Voltage||4V (3.3V -4.25V)|
|BeagleBone Black interface||USB 2.0 HS at USB1 host port|
|Audio||Analog differential ended two way voice|
|Connection Interface||Point to point protocol -PPP|
|Software Features||AT command set, USSD, SMS|
|Operating Temperature range||Normal : -20 to +70 C, Restricted : -30 to +80 C|
|OS Distribution Support||Debian Wheezy, Angstrom Linux, Ubuntu, Android – as Kernel module or Pre compiled image with cape configured|
|Driver Support||USB drivers for 3G module,|