VAYU-2GQN-A is a 2G/GPRS cape ideally suited for low-data M2M application needs.
- Quad band (GSM 850, EGSM 900, DCS 1800, PCS 1900) connectivity.
- Works with major GSM carriers all over the world
- Approved by NCC, Anatel, Rogers, Orange, AT&T, Vodafone
- Maximum GPRS data rate of 85.6kbps DL/42.8kbps UL
- Mini USIM card
We provide full software support for VAYU-2GQN-A which include pre-compiled images of different operating systems( Debian Wheezy, Ubuntu, Angstrom, Android) , Kernel modules with drivers, Device tree overlays and sample wvdial files. Check our product support page.
Some Applications of VAYU-2GQN-A cape can be :
- Access your BeagleBone SBC from anywhere on the world.
- Home automation and home Surveillance from your mobile phone.
- Send local sensor network data (Zigbee, LE Bluetooth, other capes based) onto cloud using secure wireless gateway.
- Make your industrial automation solution based on CAN wireless and easily controlled by mobile phones or web browsers
Please read our AN100 Beaglebone M2M Cape Application note for further details.
Accessories like GSM antenna and SMA cables to be used with the cape are also available with us. They are sold separately.
|SIM Card||1.8V/3V 6 pin Mini USIM|
|LEDs||Power LED for Modem, Netlight/signal LED, Status LED|
|Control Interfaces||Power and Hardware reset over GPIOs and push button switches|
|Antenna||SMA Connector for GSM antenna|
|Cape ID||Dedicated onboard EEPROM with 2pole Dip switch|
|Certifications/Approvals||FCC, CE, GCF, CCC, RoHS|
|Device Type||2G module|
|Frequency Band||GSM 850/EGSM 900/DCS 1800/PCS 1900|
|Data Rate (DL / UL)||85.6kbps DL/42.8kbps UL|
|Voltage||4V (3.2V -4.8V)|
|BeagleBone Black interface||UART1 (ttyO1) @baud rate 115200|
|Audio||Analog Differential ended two way voice|
|Connection Interface||Point to point protocol –PPP|
|Software Features||AT command set, USSD, SMS, TCP/IP stack|
|Operating Temperature range||Normal : -30 to +80 C, Restricted : -40 to +85 C|
|OS Distribution Support||Debian Wheezy, Angstrom Linux, Ubuntu, Android – as Kernel module or Pre compiled image with cape configured|
|Driver Support||Linux device tree overlay files for GPRS serial port|