Operating Systems Supported
We have tested the VAYU capes & VIBE IoT platform in following configurations on different operating systems.
- Debian Wheezy : We provide active support for Debian Wheezy for all our capes. Pre-compiled EMMC flasher image and raw MicroSD image are provided with the cape configured for use. Separately Drivers , Udev files and device tree overlay files are also available.
- Ubuntu : We have tested our capes on Ubuntu. 3G modem, 2G modem and GPS are working. Ubuntu Image files and all configuration files will soon be available online.
- Angstrom Linux : Support for Angstrom Linux could only be provided for few features. Since release of revC of Beaglebone Black supported OS has been moved to Debian Wheezy, we advise our customer to switch to Debian Wheezy.
- Android : We have partially tested our capes, there are no known issues so far. Images and configurations files will be soon available.
Drivers and Linux Image
- Pre-compiled EMMC and raw microSD images of Debian with all drivers installed and patches applied Click Here
- Compile Debian image from scratch and apply needed patches and install drivers Click Here
- Compile Android image from scratch and apply needed patches and install drivers Click Here
- Generic Installation steps for Ubuntu, Angstrom Linux Click Here
Software Startup Guide
Detailed steps to enable data connection on 2G or 3G capes, and also steps to use GPS NMEA messages and PPS output.
The following application notes are available.
Cape Startup Guide
Cape Pinouts and other details
Frequently asked questions about hardware and software are available here.
All help is documented in our Yantrr Wiki
Still Have Questions or Technical Issues?
Please post your queries in the online helpdesk portal or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any question you might have providing following details:
- Product model
- Serial Number
- Your address, email address and phone contact information
- Full description of the issue you are facing