VIBE IoT System with 3G/HSPA+ (2100MHz Asia/EU band) Wireless Modem.
VIBE is an IoT hardware platform which provides a unique combination of industrial sensor interfaces Ethernet, SPI, I2C, RS232, CAN, GPIO, PWM, ADC), worldwide 2G/3G connectivity and a low power ARM processor for both industrial machine-to-machine (M2M) and home IoT applications. In an approximately 2x credit card size board, VIBE integrates wireless WAN connectivity with a powerful CPU system based on TI's popular AM335x Sitara ARM Cortex-A8 processors (300MHz to 1GHz options) complemented by 512MB (standard) DDR3 memory and abundant 4GB eMMC FLASH memory.
VIBE platform is redesigned to improve and extend the original BeagleBone platform while remaining fully compatible in both hardware and software aspects. This means you can connect any of the 10s of BeagbleBone sensor capes directly to VIBE to kickstart your next IoT application in minutes. VIBE ships with its own Debian compatible Linux OS specifically modified for IoT applications. You can also use standard Debian Wheezy (or Ubuntu) Linux or even android. We also provide separate Kernal patches and firmware to activate these specific features.
VIBE comes with FCC and CE-certified 3G/HSPA modem, so you only need a SIM card to start collecting data from the field. VIBE can be operated fully on battery power and also support sleep mode for low power operations. VIBE can be remotely woken up using the Modem (by sending a secure SMS). VIBE comes with an optional RTC (with separate battery backup) for time-stamping sensor data. For high accuracy timing applications. Accurate timing synchronization (1 PPS, < 0.2 microsec jitter) and positioning capability can be deployed in the same compact form factor with the optional GPS module.
VIBE General details
- Redesigned Ethernet PHY power up reset circuits to ensure reliable trouble free operation in every power cycle
- Watch dog timer to ensure fail-safe operation of CPU's power management circuit.
- USB client port : Not available as compared to Beaglebone Black. SSH over USB option not available. Use Ethernet or UART to USB cable to SSH.
- USB Host port : 2x USB 2.0 HS, Type A connector. Reconfigured USB port extended to powered hub to eliminate USB device power down issues
- HDMI : Available but not installed.
- Battery Operation : Optional Lithium-Ion battery charging and automatic backup switchover circuit. Use any available 3.7V Li-Ion rechargeable battery.
- RTC : Standard high precision battery backed RTC (Real Time Clock). 3V coin cell (CR1216) needed for backup supply (provided with the board).
- Antenna : GSC connectors used. To use SMA ended Antennas, a GSC female to SMA male cable is needed. It is sold separately as an accessory by us. A GSM pentaband antenna with GSC connector is also available with us.
- OS support : Please use Yantrr-VIBE Debian Image with custom kernel. Download
VIBE 3G (Asia/EU) details
- Connectivity: 3G/HSPA
- Navigation: No GPS or precise timing
- Regions: Asia and Europe
|SIM Card||1.8V/3V 6 pin Mini USIM|
|LEDs||8 LEDs (Board Power, 4x User LEDs, Modem Power, Netlight/signal, Modem Status)|
|Control Interfaces||Push button switches for Reset, Boot, Power, Modem Reset, Modem On/Off|
|Cape ID||256Kb EEPROM on I2C2 with 2pole Dip switch|
|Board ID||4KB EEPROM on I2C0|
|Battery Source||3.7V Li-Ion Battery Input with battery charging, thermistor and reverse voltage protection|
|Processor||TI Sitara Arm Cortex-A8 AM3352 1GHz, 64KB SRAM shared Data 32KB Cache, Programmable 32KB Cache, On-Chip 256 KB L2 Cache|
|On board Flash||4GB, 8 bit Embedded MMC|
|Real Time Clock||Automatic calendar compensated up to year 2100, battery backed|
|PMIC||TPS65217C PMIC and two additional LDO|
|Debug Support||Optional onboard 20 pin CTI JTAG and one additional UART0 header|
|On board Storage||4GB eMMC based filesystem|
|Power Source||5V, 4A DC Jack (Battery option also available)|
|HS USB2.0 USB0||Expansion to 2 port USB hub, Type A socket, 500mA LS/FS/HS|
|HS USB2.0 USB1||Dedicated access to modem|
|SD/MMC Connector||MicroSD, 3.3V|
|I/O Interfaces||2x SPI, 2x I2C, 5x UART, 7xAIN(1.8V max), McASP0, GPIO(69 max), MMC1, MMC2, LCD 24 bit, GPMC|
|Video Interface||Micro HDMI (Not Installed)|
|Compatibility||Compatible with other Industrial capes such as CANBus, RS232, RS485 and most of the LCD capes|
|Device Type||3G module|
|Frequency Band||WCDMA 2100 GSM850/EGSM 900/DCS1800/PCS1900|
|Data Rate (DL / UL)||7.2Mbps DL/5.76Mbps UL|
|Voltage||4V (3.3V -4.25V)|
|Audio||Analog Stereo with mic (3.5mm TRRS Jack)|
|Connection Interface||PPP (Point to Point Protocol)|
|Software Features||AT command set, USSD, SMS|
|Operating Temperature range||Normal : -20 to +70 C, Restricted : -30 to +80 C|
|Host Communication Interface||USB 2.0 HS at USB1 host port|
|OS Distribution Support||Debian Wheezy, Angstrom Linux, Ubuntu, Android – as Kernel module or Pre compiled image|
|Driver Support||USB drivers for 3G module, RTC drivers|